Monday, October 8, 2012

DIGITAL STORYTELLING AND VIDEO PRODUCTION



Wow, I see myself technologically developing very quickly since this course started, I can predict and guess how developed I will be in the end of this course!
At first I got acquainted with blogs and RSS feeds. Then I discovered the efficiency of podcasts and made one by myself. Then, I explored the wikis and soon created mine. Tried Google docs and discovered twitter…. Finally, I learnt about digital story telling and video production and tried them out by myself!!!
The idea of digital story telling is that students generate a story by using a camera and shooting pictures. It is really very fun!!! If that was fun for me I am sure it will be more fun for the kids and the students!!! It will be very motivating for the students as they will see that they are doing something meaningful, not only for the instructor but for a bigger audience. The most interesting and fun part is that nowadays computers provide variety of opportunities of creating and designing them the way you want.
Video production  is again a kind of a story telling, but here the students generate a video, they should create a footage then they have to work on it, edit it, cut unnecessary parts, add music etc.
This cool tools can be used for teaching purposes for sure. For example, in a class the teacher may give the students a topic and ask them to create a story but the most important part is that they have to use the target language… either in the written or spoken forms. The video that my group members and I have created was a tutorial. I strongly agree with my instructor that creating tutorials may be considered as the best way of using video production for teaching and learning purposes. This requires a lot of speaking, the speech should be clear in order to be understandable and very detailed.
I believe, this kind of assignments are more appropriate for the students with Intermediate and higher levels and, to my mind, for students who are 10 years old and more.
Looking forward to learning new interesting things and sharing!!!:)J

No comments:

Post a Comment